Sunday, January 6, 2008

A time lost

I been in a nostalgic mood lately. Images of my old friends from primary + high school, college and work all flashes over my mind so I decided to blog about it. I dunno about most ppl, but for me I still have 4 for my closest friends since high school still close in contact with me (Even though one of em is beginning to drift off). I often ponder upon wat happened to my other frens from my past. Odds are they forgot about tis loser fren of theirs... but really, wat happened?

I recall two close frens of mine from primary school. We were the best buddies back then, sharing even our ambitions (to be private detectives. Wat can I say, I was 12 and had a great imagination back then). Then after UPSR, we moved to high school. Suddenly we were drifting apart... goals, ambitions, principles... We were "growing up". Two of my frens chosen the path of "success" while I ended up choosing the path of "laziness". Arguable the main reason our friendship gone down the drain. Did I resent them back then? Yes. I hated their gut for following the "success" path.

So sometimes friendship breaks when changes happen. One excellent counter example is my almost 8 years friendship with my current group of monk friends. We changed during the pass 8 years but oddly our friendship withstood the test of time.

My relationship with my former colleagues at my old company also started to deteriorated. Oddly my relationship with my former seniors that already left the company started to bloom again. Which brings me to a conclusion, Friendship is a simple matter of choice. We choice to be friends, accept our friends changes and continue to be friends or throw it down the drain. It's our (My fren and I) choice. Back then, my 2 old frens and I choose not to salvage our friendship, and it sank into the bottom of history. My monks frens and I choose to maintain our friendship, and it withstood the great test of time itself.

0 b*tchin: