Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bakau@Pilates

Dear bloggie,

Come now... Pi... La... Tes...

Joined a class with Suke today. Was expecting a similar experience to Bodybalance but walau... MURDER man... Ok, murder onli for me coz my messed up left wrist and strained left hamstring. Before class I did some weights and being an impatient person I am, I jacked up the weights for my leg extension machine from 25kg to 30kg. Was manageable, so I also rake up the weights for my leg curl to 30kg also... Big mistake... Felt a sharp strain in my inner left hamstring near my knee... Left leg felt shaky but after awhile rest at sofa, leg was ok... can walk and run but still feel something at hamstring. Best hope, tomolo no wake up cry like siao due to pain in hamstring....

Anyway back to pilates class, I managed to poison Suke to join me for tis class. I went in and saw *GASP*... the fitball... Fond memories (of how I strained every part of my body) in my 1st class in Fitball Core resurfaced. Had 2nd thoughts but Suke already went in, too late to retreat de... Alot of ppls, but male only 6 ppl including the instructor. Everyone had a fitball, I see the ball already know going to have a hard time doing exercise and balancing on that ball.

Warm up, sit and bounce on the ball while body turn a few circle. Ok, I remembered how hard it is to balance yourself on the darn ball. Then do plank, so-so for me since I do plank quite regularly for my abs workout, just need to balance myself with the ball thrown in the exercise. Next, push up... Syit! I struggle to do tis as worried my left wrist would give up on me and due to the toughness in balancing myself in push up position with my foot on the fitball. Next was the the balancing exercise where u need to get urself ontop the fitball like riding a horse and balance urself. Somehow I left like those clown balancing themselves on those giant balls in this exercise. Somehow manage to survive that, next was a really tough exercise where u need to lay sideway on the ball and lift one leg up to waist height. Then need to move ur leg up and down, draw a circle using toe & dorsiflex + plantarflex ur feet. Wah, really feel my thighs sore... Continue to work on leg, this time do a bridge pose with the foot on the fitball. Then need to lift one leg up from the fitball. My hamstring was burning while waiting for the instructor to signal we can stop maintaining tis pose. Up next, was my favourite exercise for this class, U just lay ur back on the fitball with your head dangling upside down. Feel the blood rush into up the head. Then got one more level, where need to put ur hand to the floor and lift both leg into ur chest from the earlier position. I dun dare attempt the lift both leg part coz scared my wrist injury. Last exercise was a simple sit on the fitball with feet of the ground. Looks easy, but very hard to do. The ball keep shifting so u need to constantly shift urself and body to keep urself from falling of the ball.

Overall a enjoyable class, difficulty level higher than bodybalance (for me la)... Will probably go for next week class again, but have to go alone since Suke showed signs he not likely take another dosage of this class...

0 b*tchin: