Saturday, November 27, 2010

Retirement Run

Dear bloggie,

My leg is out of commission, chest sore, my core is aching, my body fatigue, my hair balding & my heart numb...

Tat about sum my retirement run experience... aka Emkay Green Fun Run 2010.

Around 300-400 people appear for this fun run. No one single familiar face though. I was hesistant to run tis run as I actually should get at least 13 days rest off running before running again after my climatic 1/2 marathon. But heck, when I heard there was a run at Cyberjaya and I saw the route, I knew, I had to run.

The race started around 7.45am, which is rather late for a run. And I regretted immediately during the race to not have brought my cap, as the morning sun was already scorching hot. Around 2-3K of the race, it seems my leg has not fully recovered and experience a stinging pain on my tibia anterior. My stamina also seem weak, maybe due to running at a much faster pace.

The route was a mixed bag one, some part up and down while some straight stretches. I managed to cover 5K in under 30 minutes, but my leg and stamina was really depleted at that point. But having experience the rainfall run in Penang, I somehow manage to continue on mental strength. I finally reach the part of the route that make me run this race. The route which pass by my office building. Yea, an odd reason to race, but u know me. Odd ball = Odd reason.

It was a rather odd feeling, running past my office on the route to the bus station which I often would walk by for lunch. Mostly I ran as a lonely runner as the front and back runners from me were separated by quite a distance.

You can imagine how glad I was when I saw the Neo Cyberjaya shop lots from a distance. I try to push my body to go faster at that point for a strong finish, but it seems I was running at emergency energy de. I run into the shop lots and into the final route to the finish line. And I managed to finish the race at a time of 51 minutes 11 seconds + 1-2 minutes (Forgot to start the clock timer when I started). Hence my time is around 53 minutes mark, which makes me think the actually distance for this race isn't 10K, but around 8K onli. Anyway, upon finishing the race I was actually given a prize... A cert my my trophy, a small tree... -_-'

Somehow I feel unsatisfied with this run. Can't run at full capacity, and didn't get the adrenaline & endorphin rush I was seeking for. Hence here I am, sitting infront of this laptop, worn out and depressed... Wat a sh*tty retirement run...

1 b*tchin:

Weird Dan said...

What a run. I am now wondering to join the Malakoff Run though