Saturday, February 4, 2012

Movie marathon

Dear bloggie,

Just bought myself a few dvds to make it through this weekend and public holidays...

1. Cowboys Vs Aliens [Watched]
2. Crazy Heart
3. Sunset Limited

Yesterday watched Cowdung vs @$$lien... I was expected a action movie that at least entertaining to watch visually especially with Bond, 13 & Harrison Ford... Wat a utter garbage... The script and direction of the movie was so f*ckin terrible I could not stand but fast forward to get to some action scene. And the disappointing action scene... OMG WTF! The onli memorable part is probably when Bond activate his arm wrist alien gun for the 1st time... The rest is a BIG YAWN...

Anyway, I'll start on my 2nd movie soon... The Sunset Limited... Never heard it before but it was really the description of the movie that caught my attention:

"THE SUNSET LIMITED is a searing two-character drama that mixes humor and pathos while examining the relationship between strangers who are brought together by desperate circumstances. Set in a New York tenement apartment, the story focuses on two very different men – a deeply religious black ex-con (Samuel L. Jackson) who thwarts the suicide attempt of an asocial white college professor (Tommy Lee Jones) who tried to throw himself in front of an oncoming subway train, The Sunset Limited. As the one attempts to connect on a rational, spiritual and emotional level, the other remains steadfast in his hard-earned despair. Locked in a philosophical debate, both passionately defend their personal credos and try to convert the other."

Very very "Before Sunset" like... I suspect it's a movie with onli 2 characters b*cthin the whole way through like "My Dinner with Andre" hence why I didn't watch it first coz I was rather sleepy last nite and need something more adrenaline rush rather than a heavy dosage of philosophy.

For the 3rd movie, I actually wanted the sport movie "Miracle" but could not find it. So I was teetering between "The Wrestler" or "The Blind Side". I however finally came across "Crazy Heart" and was attracted to "The Harder the life, the sweeter the song" catchphrase for this movie.

So tat's all... time for my round 2...

Anyway to end tis post in a discorded manner, here's a song tat I been hearing quite frequently in the radio lately

0 b*tchin: