Saturday, March 28, 2015

Godlike logic

Dear bloggie,

I encounter the following argument today:

A: Insurance should be you pay and if nothing happens to you, you get back what you paid cause nothing happen to you
B: Not like that la
A: Why not? If you go to shop and prepaid for a food, then next day you decide not to to eat that food, the shop should pay you back the amount you paid for that food since you never eat that food right?
B: [Speechless]

This is where, I couldn't take it any more and had to intervene

K: Let's use another example, where you pay RM100 to me and if anything happen to you within a year, I pay you back RM10,000. If something does happen to you, I lose RM10,000 and if nothing happens to you I still have to pay you back RM100, what do I gain then?
A: Yala, that's what wrong. Why do you need to gain? People should take care of each other.
K: If there's is nothing for people to gain, why bother doing it?
A: That's my point, it's a business. Why then people pay tax? These insurance should not exist
K: People pay tax so govt build infrastructure, etc
A: Govt should put healthy benefits ahead infrastructure. Are you saying infrastructure is more important than health?
K: No, we don't decide that. The govt decided that
A: You vote for this govt
K: I didn't but a majority of people that voted
A: That's my point, the society that have problem. I seen community that when someone bad happens to them, the community will take care of them.
K: Ok, I have nothing to say...

Sometimes I feel I  -10 of my IQ whenever I engage in conversation like this...

0 b*tchin: