Sunday, February 11, 2007

Company CNY Dinner

Well, CNY (Chinese New Year) is just around da corner... My co. held their annual CNY dinner at Tai Thong near Leisure Mall last friday. The whole employees from my company attended the dinner, including some bigshot client bosses. The mood was quite festive... For me, it marks my second CNY dinner for tis company.

The dinner kicked of with "Guess the ang pow amount" game where every employee was to guess mysterious amount in an angpow packed by my company's boss. Whoever that guess was nearest to that amount get the ang pow. Considering the CNY mood, I wrote down Rm 888 (Yea, I know tis amount is abit too big but my other guess Rm88 is too small) as the amount and fell short as the actual amount which was Rm 700+. One of my work collegue hit a nearer amount and thus won the moolah.

Next was the dinner itself. The food was okay but nothing special. Inbetween waiting intervals between dishes, there was a lucky draw where one employee name would be drawn from a box. The employee would then have to bottoms up a glass of booze to win a random prize. That employee will also draw the next employee name from the box and refill the glass with booze for the next employee to drink. The boss had the honour of drawing the first employee and filling the glass for that employee. The game started out quite reasonable as the glass of booze was only filled reasonable 1/4 till my Manager drew first blood, filling the glass overflowing with booze at her draw. The other employee followed suit at their respective draws and it was pretty much a booze feast rather than a dinner. My name was drawn by my mentor but glass was filled by a couple of seniors + boss (Pretty much already taken over the refilling booze role). My mentor offered to drink some portion for me considering he know i'm not a regular booze drinker but considering the occasion, I refused his kind offer and bottoms down the whole glass. The aftermath came slowly but I was experiencing headache and drowsiness by the time the last dinner dish was served.

After every employee name was drawn from the box (In other words, everyone already had a go at the booze), my boss kicked off an ad-hoc lucky draw... He took cash from his own wallet and restart the lucky draw once more with every employee name in the box. The rule was simple, 1 glass for cash. Once his wallet was depleted of cash, he asked for the others client bosses to offer money for the lucky draw. Every employee had a go at the booze again... I had to booze down another glass of booze but considering my already half drunken state, my senior only pour little booze for me tis time. By the end, some of my work collegue that had quite consume a huge amount of booze was KO'ed. Some female ones had to vommit in the toilet and some others were already in lala land.

I was having a slight headache but lost some amount of control over my body despite drinking some huge amount of chinese tea to remedy the effects of the booze. Two work collegue and I decided a walk in a pasar malam nearby would be good to clear of the effects of the booze. Despite the walk, I ended up giving one of junior drive me back to office in my car. Some work collegue to had to be send back to the office at their drunken state. I R&R (+ dota) in the office together with quite alot of work collegue that was afraid of road blocks. By around 3am, I pretty much recovered and safely make the long trip home from Cheras to Klang.

0 b*tchin: