Saturday, December 8, 2007

Philosophical Blues

Call me a nutcase but I was always a firm believer of fatelism. Everything will happen at it's own proper time. Joy, Sorrow, Success, Failure, Life, Death... Everything has it's time... and perhaps reason...

Well, I'm currently on a "Vision Quest"... Meaning I quit my job to fasted, meditated, analyzed, prayed 24/7 on fatelism. What is my purpose in this world? Where do I go from here? Okay, okay that's all just barn crud except for the part on me quiting my job...

Well, upon reflecting on an particular incident, I discovered...

"Your entire life can turn upside down in an instances..."

It's surprising how easy it is for us to forget how fragile our life is. All it takes is one small knock at one piece of domino to set the rest of tumbling down and all it takes is one small event to turn upside down our entire life... Our confidences, pride, believes, achievements... They all come crumbling into thousands of pieces when the tides of fate coming crashing at our door.

Imagine one idiot starting a nuclear war, all it takes is just a press of a button to trigger it... Our daily life, our current financial stability, our academic background, our dream future... Where will it all go once that happens?

Having said how fragile our life is, how should we proceed on living it then? A couple of solutions are "Hey, that ain't never gonna happen to me, so why bother bout it", "I already planned my whole life, even if there's a nuclear war, I already have a plan", "Whatever happens, happens. Just got to adapt to it".

I see myself more as the "Whatever happens, happens. Just got to adapt to it" type thanks to the current state of apathy that I'm in.

0 b*tchin: