Saturday, August 20, 2011

Contradictions

What does it mean when u feel this burning sensation inside ur body? When u feel energy less... As if you can't even feel this body of urs anymore?

Weights, Yoga and Running... They're the ray of light tat salvaged my senseless and meaningless life... Yet, the reality is they contradict each other to a certain degree. I do weights to gain mass, yet running (especially long distance) will result in some muscle to get burn as well. Yoga lengthen one's muscle, yet weights shorten its. Like life, one contradict the other...

I did all 3 today... 3 hours gym... And I feel like shit right now... As if there is 3 rivers flowing across my body causing a chaotic tsunami inside. Everything is shaken upside down, right to left... I realized, I can't have all 3... Compromise must be made to balance it up, yet I just can't let go of all 3. As contradicting all 3 are, if one is to pick one as their major focus and make the other 2 the sub focus, it's rather ironic how the other 2 compliment the major focus. Take for instance...

If one aim to built mass, a nice dose of yoga helps to regain some flexibility while not extreme running helps to reduce fat %.

If one is to focus in yoga, non extreme weights help strength the body for some poses which requires some degree of strength while running is well... dun think it does any direct compliment to yoga (maybe help improve endurance?).

If one is to focus in running, high reps and low resistance weight training helps built slow twitch muscle (small size muscle) which aids in endurance running and yoga help built flexibility especially the legs to run in better form (longer stride, etc).

In short, one need to know wat is one's goal... I don't have a goal. Tat is why sometimes I feel when I improve in one, the other one I get sloppy... And when I try to do all 3, I end up like wat I am right now...

0 b*tchin: