Friday, November 23, 2012

Perks of owning a blog

Dear bloggie,

"We accept the love we think we deserve - Charlie, Perks of Being a Wallflower"

After a super depressing day a work today, I decided to let some steam off by watching a movie. Planned to watch the "Rise of the Guardian" but when I saw "Perks of Being a Wallflower' at the same time slot I had a intense struggle to either watch Santa Claus, Bugs Bunny, Jack and the Beanstalk and co. beat the crap out of someone or watch some teenage angst... After a LONG 1 second juggling my thoughts, I decided to ffk my plan to watch this movie with MFR and watch it alone now instead (after all, I can bet my shoes he will ffk me for a gal anytime).

The movie begins with,

"Dear friend..."

Hmmm... Sounds f*ckin familiar... Personally, I find the movie a bit disturbing. In the sense, I actually feel a kinship with Charlie. Being a wallflower myself, I can perhaps understand the emotional hardship he is going thru. Most people tend to think introvert want to be left alone but the truth is introverts still do crave for human interaction (talk, dance, look at each other, etc), it's just introverts find these activities very exhausting, hence their need to go in their hermit's cave to recharge. Anyway, back to the movie... Overall I feel it's a good movie but sorta get the feeling of lack flow to it, sorta like the "Zap", suddenly they best frens. "Zap", he has a girlfren... "Zap" he's groping hermoine emma watson's boobs... The movie does remind me of American Beauty in the array of elements the movie tries to display as American culture. While not as sarcastic funny like American Beauty, it does convey a rather darker tone in the story. I like the description "Coming to age" movie of a teenager to life. Main problem I feel for this movie is a lot of the themes such as love, self appreciation, being different, etc which is the core of the story is perhaps better suited to be read instead of seen. When u read, u can stop and ponder about it but when ur watching, it like a non stop stream of things go thru ur brain non stop and u don't have time to properly process it. Still I highly recommend this movie, or better still go instead buy the damn book, it's available at MPH or Borders at RM35.

So dear friend, while this most certainly is not the last blog entry of mine, I would like end this entry with another quote from the movie/book...






0 b*tchin: