Sunday, December 28, 2014

Top 8 Best 2014 Movies

Dear bloggie,

Yes, yes, yes... I completely forgotten to do this till I saw Jeremy Jahns doing it in his youtube channel.

So without further ado.... tis is MY top 8 best mobie list of 2014 which I watched... Yes, 8 not 10... Why? Why not...  Truth be told, cause I feel I missed a lot of good movie worthy to be in a top 10 list, so instead of forcing myself to put a movie I think that doesn't worth the gold top ten brass, I decided to just cut short 10 to 8 instead... it is after all my entry :)
  1. The Journey - A Malaysian local film that finally manages to edge typical local block buster ciplak movie like KL Gangster, Lu Gua Bro, Jangan Pandang Belakang Boleh?
  2. Interstellar - Great movie but sorry, this ain't Gravity.
  3. John Wick - Despite the absurdity, this movie is a f*ckin good kill joyride
  4. Edge of Tomorrow - Live, Die, Repeat... So Zen...
  5. Fault in Our Stars - The few only movie that made me shed a tear...  Okay, a couple of tears... A movie resolving on death that is really about life. Mush a bit of tragedy, romance and philosophy, and you got yourself a piece of romantic masterpiece.
  6. Frozen - The music was amazing, storyline was above average, characters colourful, ~let it go, let it go...
  7. Guardian of the Galaxy - Best Marvel movie of the year. A fun ride from start to end.
  8. The Lego Movie - Everything is awesome, this movie is perhaps the movie I underestimated the most and honestly was very delighted when it turn out to be a stellar gem.
Memorable mentions: How to Train your Dragon 2, X Men: Days of Future Past, The Wind Rises, In Between Floors

Movies that I think should be in the list but didn't watch: Boyhood, Gone Girl, Dawn of Planet of the Apes, Whiplash, Wild, Night crawler

Over Hyped: 300: Rise of an Empire, The Maze Runner, The Amazing Spiderman 2, The Hobbit: Battle of 5 Armies, The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay,

Shit + Gimme a refund list: Transformer 4, Teenage Mutant Nincompoop Turtle (Seriously, I'm putting Michael Bay into my blacklist)

0 b*tchin: