Thursday, March 24, 2011

Muscle Gain

Dear bloggie,

My weight has stabilize at 65kgs. Hence achieving my year 2 weight goal of +2.5kg. Body fat wise, from my fat calipers seems to be the same. So I really gained 2.5kg of muscles for tis year. With still 3 more month to go before my year 2 of weight training ends, I hope to be able to add another 0.5kg of muscle to my weight if possible.

An overall breakdown of my muscle gain by body part (my inspection from the mirror), I think my shoulders are without a doubt the part that grown the most. My chest I feel is more broader and lats when I flare it have a small V shape de. Triceps also grown, but biceps I not sure why looks fatter instead of bigger. Maybe it's cause the shoulder too big compared to my biceps. Leg wise, sadly no improvement cause I busted my leg a few times and really can't add pound to my leg training. And finally, my abs... My first pack started to appeared, when I suck in my tummy, can see the vague 1st pack line on the upper half of my abs, still got too much fat I recon.

When I started my training, I knew it would take a LONG time for me to get the body I want, but after paying my dues for almost 2 years, the visual effects are starting to show. While I'm only half way there, I'm feeling rather optimistic on my chances to hit 70kg in 2 more years time.

I also decided it time, I start to shake my workout by changing my reliance on my core exercises (pushup, row and crunch) and take it up another notch by trying out a variety of workout. My new policy is "Try 1 new exercise 1 GYM session". I recently even try out the bench press (I only bench press once before tis, rest I rely on pushup for my chest workout) which I usually avoid coz the intimidating location the bench is located (The place where all the Arnold wannabe are working out). Guess it's not so scary and siah sui after all to walk between these Arnold wannable guys and grab a light bar and do the bench press.

0 b*tchin: