Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not my day

Dear bloggie,

Today is definitely not my day.

Work was shitty... My task to make the s/w i18n compatible just keep revealing hidden issues. I first had to deal with converting the combo box items which initially was just a array of string to a array of key values. The key value is required so I can have a key which will serve as a label to display in the UI while the value will be... err... value la... After quite a bit refactoring of the current structure, managed to solve tat, however popup other issues. One is a bug which suddenly appeared. It seems there's some backend engine refactoring, which results in the business object which I need to do my processing to be replaced instead by a proxy object... KNN!!! Since the framework was using reflection to do the business object and UI binding, u can imagine the amount of crap this proxy object is causing... First of all, I can't cast this proxy object to the object I want. Second, I can't even access any of my original methods in the business object to grab the values out... So I having a blocker, how the f*ck can I grab the value out to render in ui layer leh!? Refactor also no see if got affect other ppl one meh... Damn tiu... Last of all, I suddenly realize that the printing of these business object will also f*cked up if i18n. Tis is cause the current printing coding is directly grab the value assigned to the business object. In other words, for printing, I must add some code to detect if this property is a combo box or not, then if combo box, need do mapping to from value to label. So many problem... Lucky, I just now while gyming thought of a way to solve this problem. As for the proxy one, I have no idea at all on how to solve it, coz tat object has no direct access to the real object and this object is control by the framework guys...

To compound my lousy day, I bought a small gift for someone since it's her birthday a few days ago. I gave it to her, but sadly she decline it. I already know no chance, yet somehow I just want to give her a birthday present... I never imagine when she decline it, it still hurts...

0 b*tchin: