Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pain Free

Dear bloggie,

With the SCKLM just next week, I started running again... Against the advice of my doctor to take a break from any physical activity due to my neck injury. To be frank, my neck no longer hurts that much, but my right shoulder seems to suffer from a pull side effect from my neck injury. But the pain is bearable type one la.

As I b*tched about around a month+ ago, I been trying out barefoot running as my training regime for SCKLM. I ran a short 10 minutes barefoot jog before running my main run and I have to say the effects is astonishing. My running style during barefoot running is a totally different style, which I now tried to mimic when I run with my shoe. The outcome is, no more pain in my left leg's shin. My mimicry level is still not perfect as when I run barefooted, my pace while is slower than my usual one, I feel more in control of my breath.

I'll be trying to get my hands on a Vibram Five Finger shoes to continue my barefoot training. As for this SCKLM, I decided to lower my goal from cracking the 50 minutes barrrier to 55 minutes due to my neck injury which disrupted my training.

0 b*tchin: