Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Improvement

Dear bloggie,

They say "Old dog can't learn new trick"... I dunno about how true that statement is la... but tis old geezer managed to improve himself in Pilates.

Yea, managed to regain my core to the level I think it was 1/2 year ago after I think around 10 sessions de. Last wed class, my pilates instructor gave me a pat in the head stating I'm very diligent (watever tat means), says she can really see I'm giving it my all when doing the exercises. Today, while by the end of the class my core was still "crying", I find myself able to cope with the class (till 1/2 way) without the need for my core to go into overdrive mode. The instructor even make a comment to a guy beside me tat was doing the criss cross exercise improperly to copy how I do it (Yea, I'm proud of my criss cross since I dumped crunches for this a long time ago).

Sometimes things happen for a reason... I was quite unhappy when my normal pilates class got cancelled 1/2 year ago... But having lost my regular dosage of pilates, I come to appreciate it more. I'm just grateful tat I have the chance to do pilates...

#Note: There is actually a research done that proven Criss cross (aka Bicycle Crunches) have higher muscle activation compared to the regular crunches. Besides that, the criss cross also works out the obliques... So why waste time on regular crunches when u can work out ur rectus (6 pack abs muscle) and obliques at one go?

0 b*tchin: