Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nin Peh NPE Highway Eh Ong 2011

Dear bloggie,

Just survived KOTR 2011 16.8K run. Clocked a 1 hour 40 minute... Meet my goal to run a average 6 min perkm pace.

I remember 2 years back when I ran my first KOTR in Shah Alam. Till today, that run is without a doubt the worst run I ever ran. Clocking a 1 hour 30 mins + for a 10K... Really char... Last year I was looking forward to buried this bad run but mana tau cancel tim the ran. So KOTR continued to be a bad spot in my running history. When I heard tat KOTR was being revived tis year, I was so glad I finally had the chance to take revenge.

Ok, my run start at 6.45am, but the road to Sunway Piramid was all closed starting from 5am. Since I dun wanna go there and wait 1 hour + doing nothing, I decided close mah close loh... I park opposite sunway piramid at the shop lots there. Anyway, I had problem sleeping (Yeah, having same problem from recent runs also)... But lucky I sleep afternoon from 2pm to 6pm de since I exhausted from gym, so atleast got in a few hours of nap. I drag myself from my house to sunway piramid but found the route from Subang Parade to Piramid tutup. So I had to use the hanging bridge route instead. Lucky, the shop lot area alot of parking... Park my car and bla to the start point. Then I felt a urge to "piss"... Tiu lor I thought, too late to go find toilet de coz gonna start de. Somemore is 16.8K (maybe a 2 hour run), can't hold piss that long one. Decided to gamble on the route got portable toilet or petrol station toilet.

So normal "3, 2, 1... Peeettt"!!! Start race lor. Alot of chicks (All sweaty n wet... Ok, I know I overuse tis joke de), even the 16.8K category... Nice field day for eye... 1st K was pretty slow due to heavy traffic, normal la coz all people at start raging to go fast... After 2nd K, managed to a slightly higher 6 min perKm pace, slowly make up for my slow 1st K. Have a water station every 3K mark (DAMN GOOD!!! KUDOS). Every station somemore got portable toilet, but I decided not to go coz all full so risk "paip bocor" for some time. A very vibrant group of people running tis run tis time around. Got someone run wearing pajamas (damn fast he run), got other wear leopard... LOL.

I ran a consistent run, stopping and walking onli at water station till the 12K mark... I saw portable toilet empty, make pitstop... 2-3 minute pitstop, wanna broom out of toilet but when hit to paip to wash hand... CB... No water... Had to run with "dirty" hand... Lucky not far, the water station, use the drinking water from cup to wash hand instead... LOL

My stamina finally hit the wall at the 13K mark. Decided to take my walking break which I originally plan at the 10K mark but managed to drag my body another 3K. I was ahead my planned pace by 6 minutes... So decided to cash in this time advantage to recover my leg, lungs n heart. RNR by walking for 5 minutes. Alot people potong me here... *Sigh* Time out time out de, continue running. My shin starting to sore, and dunno why my shoe feel damn hot at the sole area... Overheat due to stepping too much? Ran slower due to no gas, but somehow my time still 2 minute ahead my planned pace time. At final water station, drank ALOT of water... dehydrated de coz feel thirsty (Next run need plan water consumption better to avoid tis)... The final 1.8K feel like the longest 2K I ever ran... I keep asking, why I still dun see the piramid one, onli 1.8K left shd can see de mah, kanne... I breath a sigh of relief when I FINNALY saw the tunnel (infront of the piramid one). Crossing the tunnel gave me a headache due to the dark and glaring yellow light... dunno why, feel giddy... Lucky I tanked through it and just 200m from the finish line I saw the big timer was "1 hour 38 minute xx seconds"... OMG!!! I thought, I muster the last of whatever I had left and push ahead to cross the line before the 40 minute mark. I managed to cross the line with 30 secs to spare... WOOT!!!

The best part of the run however is probably when I was running on the NPE highway. The highway kena tutup for tis run, so ur running ontop of the highway on the elevated road and pass the highway toll on the car lane. The feeling is damn song... Feels like "Nin peh NPE Highway Eh Ong"... Wakakaka... Really feel like my father own the NPE one coz all NPE is closed for me to run on it.

Finish run de, go collect medal. Grab a few bananas (x4) to replenish lost carbs... Later regret eat so much banana coz at back got Nestle Finesse Cornflakes to eat. Overall a very organized run, every 1K got put board so runner know. One water station per 3K, I very like... Post run medal distribution, flow very well. Sponsor food and drink are placed further behind from finish line so no traffic after finish line. Pre run, bib and vest collection in Sunway Piramid also very organized.

If I had to b*tch will probably b*tch bout the vest onli. I fail to understand why got size limit on vest size during registration. I mean u asking size so u can produce tis much rite? So why must there be like a limit to "M" size? As if the vest is already produced and now is who fast who get...?

Another complain I heard (not me), is the color of vest. This year, got 3 different color design for both male n female. The color you get is based on first come, first get basic. Means, they will first release color 1... When finish color 1 size "M", will onli release color 2 size "M". Quite a lot of people not happy with this coz, they can't really get the color they want unless they come at the time when the color they want is available. I didn't get the color n size tat I wanted for my vest. Color I dun so kisah la, but size matter coz it will affect ur running.

Overall... A great run, my hats of the organizer and all runners for tis KOTR... Till next year KOTR...

Run Forrest, run...

0 b*tchin: