Sunday, September 9, 2012

Heaven under 1 workout

Dear bloggie,

Having endured some resistance workouts such as full body, 3 days split, 5 day split, upper and lower body split, etc... I come to tis point in my gyming career where I have to make a decision on what kinda body built I want to so I can adjust my workout to match my goals. When I started, I just wanted to pack some muscle to my boney body. Fast forward 3 years, I have gained a good 5kg weight gain and reduced my fat % by around 4%. Tis year, my gain plateau (0 gain) so it lead to me to reevaluate my workout. One factor that lead to my plateau I suspect is my social life "distraction". Other possible factor I can think is my no longer usage of protein powder. I might need to go back on my steroids, but we will see. Another possible cause is my training regime.

Quite recently, I been a fan of full body workout. Means, each session I workout my whole body. I would do my big 3 compounds: bench press, chin up and leg press then compliment it with others exercises. I suspect this full body workout doesn't stimulate my body enuff as compared to a split where I would focus on certain muscle group in a workout instead of the full body. So after some reading and thinking, I decided to come up with my own workout that incorporates my knowledge in resistance training. My ultimate goal is a workout that is "Jack of all trades, but master of none". I want to improve my muscle strength, mass and endurance. Now, training for strength, mass and endurance is slightly different in terms of reps we do each set. For strength 1-6 reps, mass 6+ to 12 and endurance 13+. I also hope to created a good ratio between muscles, meaning the opposing muscle are balanced or don't have a overpowering strength difference (ie: like tricep strength = bicep strength). Cardio is another element I hope to include in my workout.

So many elements, yet the question is how I can combine all this things into a workout? Typically, most people just bulk and cut (1 period gain muscle, another period cut fat) but I reject such approach as I'm not a fan of this approach. So, I decided to spend the next 3 months experimenting with my own designed workout to see if such feat is possible. Can I design a workout that gives me the best of 4 worlds? Heck is such thing even possible?

0 b*tchin: