Sunday, September 27, 2009

Overtrain

Dear bloggie,

I been trying harder to push my body to the limit lately, hence I devise a quite rigorous workout schedule (For a beginner standard la). After just 1 week of implementation, I found a decrease in performance during workout, hence I come to the conclusion that I have over trained. It's hard really, to find a balance between over training and under training in order to get the maximum amount of progress. I find myself falling under the former due to impatience, loading the workout with perhaps too much exercises.

Funny really, since before I was training at a moderate level, I failed to get sore after the workout (except for pull ups) so I ram it up. After ramming it up, I get sore after workout but seems like after a few sessions, my muscle seem to have fatigue. So I have revised my workout and have simplify the workout so I dun overdo it.

As for progress, I think I made some progress. The number of reps I can do "real" push ups have stabilize to the range 8 x 3, as for abs crunch 30+ x 3 (With 5 kg weights), pull ups have started to shape up where I progress from 1 to 3 and finally lunges, I still hate doing them as I think it's a rather boring exercise.

0 b*tchin: