Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bakau@Larian Bandar Diraja 2010

Dear bloggie,

Set a personal best time of 54 mins 30 secs for 10K... Need to confirm izt the distance really 10K or not...

Yea, seems like the distance not really 10K but onli 8.9K. Does feel abit too short. A +vef run for me. Started above average pace, cut alot of peoples here. My stamina ran out at the 29 minute mark, when I decided to walk to recover for 5 minutes during the steep uphill climb to Dewan Hamzah. Didn't really recover much hence I changed from running even pace into run & walk crawl at 5:1 ratio.

One dude I find super annoying is one guy that been going like a yoyo since I seen him in the mid point mark (5K me think). Zoomed pass me, run abit further till stamina depleted, walk, I slowly cut the distance, overtake him, he counter go into turbo mode again, rinse & repeat... F*ckin sienz see him do this every time I overtake him. Lucky I manage to shake him at the downhill after Dewan Hamzah to Little India.

The 3rd quarter of the race, I didn't really cut people (from same category) nor let people cut, mostly is just the same bunch of faces fighting to overtake or defend their position. I did overtake alot of mui mui chai from category F (7K I think), LOL...

Running in the middle of the streets alongside the old yet colorful buildings in Little India, the feel is simply awesome. And running across the old bridge alongside so many young urns, I find it hard to find the proper words to describe my feelings at that moment, maybe "nostalgia". I wanted to finish strong so I step into above average speed when crossing the double decker bridge to the finish line. It was here, I really have to push despite the fatigue in my body and legs. My watch was telling me, I had 9 more minutes to dash to the finish line before my 1 hour goal expires. Having put so much effort and sweat into the run, the feeling of "Not wanting to regret not giving 100%" kicked in and I simply managed to endure the run across the bridge. It was here (Around 200m from finish line), another guy from my category suddenly break into a mad dash to the finish line. Having always wanted to try a dash to the finish line too, I tried matching his dash too. I tell u, the feeling of finishing a race strong with a dash is simply keng (Finish behind him)...

Anyway complains, the lack of goodie bag and medal. A pretty lousy danish bread, fruit, water & certificate as goodies at the end (Also got 100 plus and Milo). Medal only for those whom finish top 30... Zzz... Quite understandable since fee is RM 0. Also the late start of the race. Sign in time was 5.00-6.30am but the race started only at 8.00am when the Sultan arrived.

Clocking a nice time in a race is great, but that just a bonus compared to the feel of being able to run across my f*ckin, lousy, shitty, rundown, slums, beloved hometown.

0 b*tchin: