Thursday, February 24, 2011

Case maker training

Dear bloggie,

"Programmers are people that are constantly striving to improve themselves."

Hard to imagine this line actually won me a praise from a presentation trainer to be a really attention grabbing presentation opener.

Yes, I been attending a 2 days crash course on making a presentation (Case Maker). This course mainly involved training the trainees how to link together their ideas to deliver a better presentation. Too bad they don't cover presentation skill, ie: talking in front of the crowd which is my real problem.

But 2 days off work, not a bad deal... So I thought... Damn mafan to think of presentation points for the training, harder than my work to be honest. I had the urge to go to work instead of attend this training. At the end of the training, all trainee were required to present a summarize version of their case. I was sweating when I heard this. Lucky, the presentation is just follow the point written in the presentation circuit. My line above got tag as the good thing in my presentation and my overall case was said to be a solid one (Case: Asking my team lead to ask management to conduct more in house training and knowledge sharing on the in house framework). He however remarked my presentation skill sux, and that I should try to relax and don't go like a train when making my presentation.

Expected la... I was actually shivering during the presentation. Lame, I know...

0 b*tchin: