Sunday, July 3, 2011

Born To Run

Dear bloggie,

I was inspired to pickup a book and "actually" read it...

Anyway here's the book I read:



My thoughts on this book... I personally LOVE the amount of running information that has been jam packed into this 287 pages book. However I have to agree with some critics that the book could use a better editor. I find the flow of the story very unstructured... Sometimes it would break from the main story and go into a long sub story related to a character in the main plot, only to break into another sub plot. When the subplot is finished and the author continues with the main plot, I get the feeling like I been teleported from Earth to Mars then to Venus, before being teleported back to Mars and Earth again... It's ok for the first few times, but becomes rather annoying to read after it keep repeating itself in this way.

Enough of the bad points, moving onto the good points... I learn tons of things bout running that I never knew. There's alot of nutcases runner out there, and you'll be amaze by what these nutcases do to improve their run. As for the story of this book, it focuses on the author's long quest to find out are we human's "Born to run", which lead him into the remotes Copper Valley, Mexico to seek a hidden tribe of running people (Tamahumara). One things leads to another, the tale take a spins with the author participating in a race pitting the Tamahumara and a bunch of elite ultra marathoners. I'm not so sure if the story is a fiction or non fiction but from google, the characters and the running people are the real deal.

Overall an ok book, could have been better if it was structured better. A recommended read especially if ur into running.

0 b*tchin: