Saturday, August 18, 2012

Unregretabble Regret

Dear bloggie,

After some word of wisdom from some of my gym's pilates instructors, I decided do a more proper research. Trying other brands of pilates before committing to one. Of course that means skipping the course next week that I been looking so forward to. I was teetering back and forth on what I should do, skip it and do a proper research or jump in head first. I was so tempted to do the latter, but having done some bad decisions in life because I applied a "tak kisah, cincai la" attitude, I choose the former. Hard decision, especially from all the contradicting advises I got from my frens. Some say to do the nike thingy "Just do it", others say "Try to do the 1st time right". In the end of the day it comes down to "getting a taste of other brands" that lead me to my decision. I don't want to regret of not trying out other brands before committing especially when I have the option to do so. Hence my decision... All the excitement and happy feeling all vanish yesterday, the moment I clicked the "send" button to notify I won't be signing up for the course this time around.

Anyway, today I decided to make good of the time I gained at the expense of all the self-disappointment. Tried out a other brand class at bangsar. After that class, I think I did the right decision. I was fortunate enuff to jumped into a class where the students are instructors in training. So the class is actually a prep class for them to do their exam early next year. Got a nice taste of what to expect if I join their course. My conception of a good instructor is one that utilizes the 3 sense of the students which are see, listen and touch. Verbal(give keyword to activate muscle or etc) and visual(demo exercise) cues are quite commonly use. Today I have a taste of extensive use of touch cue. I struggle at a intermediate basic level class. The instructor had to correct me alot of times to get the alignment correct. Very very picky, won't let me escape with some minor wrong alignments. After class, did the customer relationship thingy, try to give me as much info. on their course. I'm seriously considering their course as a valid option based on their information but will tryout more classes before deciding.

Will continue my hunt for other available brands and get a taste of their flavor. Too long have I been cinca la... Tis 1 time, I will raise from my grave of apathy to do tis one thing...

0 b*tchin: