Thursday, December 24, 2009

Silent Night

Dear bloggie,

Just finish eating my silent dinner... Yea, this is perhaps the most silent xmas eve. A nice contrast compared to last year xmas...

A recap of last year Xmas eve...



So what did I had for this silent Xmas eve dinner?

Tada...



Yea, one of the few dishes I can cooked. Today I'm trying out the San Remo's Spiral Vegeroni which is suitable for slackers like me who want some vegetables in their pasta but are too lazy to prepare the vegetables. This vegeroni pasta has some mix of tomato, spinach, (some other vege)... inside. For sauce meanwhile, I decided to try out Prego's Mushroom sauce.

Cooking pasta in my opinion is quite as easy as cooking Maggi Mee. Just boil water at the stove and dump in the pasta in the smoking hot pot. Let it shimmer awhile (depends on pasta type & personal preference). Finally you drain the water and put the sause ontop of the pasta. I did a minor change by draining abit of the water and dumping the sauce into the pot with the pasta for a few minutes to get the pasta to absorb some of the sauce.

End result:



The pasta abit too soft, probably overcook it. Sauce meanwhile too watery, didn't drain out enough water. But still edible... Actually taste more balanced compared to my pasta + scramble eggs combo.

0 b*tchin: