Sunday, June 6, 2010

Invidiualism

Dear bloggie,

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not ~Andre Gide.

I recall my first encounter with the bombastic word "Individualism" way back in High School Form 2, when my BM teacher was using that word to describe the negatives culture of the modern society. Back then, I merely accepted the fact "Individualism" as a bad thing. Fast forward 10+ years, I now see it in a different light. While it's all good and etc to have a united human race that tries to thinks alike, pretends to be alike and try to bullsh*ts alike...

Learn to... be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ~Henri Frederic Amiel

I think ultimately we aren't alike and shouldn't have to pretend to be alike nor force others to be alike. We should be who we really are... For good or bad... But problem is what is really who we are? How do we separate the true us from the us that been brainwashed by our society norms and ethics? Does there even exists a true us deep inside of us? Or are we just who we pretend we are...? After all, I think I am, therefore I am...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Having worked/slaved as a javammer for quite some years already, I know how hard it is especially for introvert peoples like me to adapt to this career line. We came in this line to deal with logic, yet we ended up dealing with illogical dateline, clients and technology. Our employees expect us to adapt to changes, be a team player, blablabla... And I understand our employees pay us to be productive, but it's time like tis that I really feel like a hooker. Not only programmer line, almost every career, there is a stereotype mold which we need to comply to. And what strike me as funny is most of the time, it's we whom bend to fit these mold rather than the mold bends to fit us. Why do I find it funny? Because we are the ones that created these stupid mold to begin with and yet here we are at the mercy of these molds. I not saying that we should just run wild like a cowboy or etc but I guess what I'm trying to say is we should not forget or ignore who we really are.

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. ~Johann Von Goethe.

0 b*tchin: