Saturday, June 5, 2010

Running in the rain

Dear bloggie,

Tis without a doubt the most amusing, nostalgia and 2nd toughest 10K (1st is Adidas King of The Hill Road) I ran. Quite a memorable run as I manage to accomplish 2 things.

First I managed to clock a 56 min 13 sec time, which is a HUGE improvement over last year run where I clocked 1 hour 9 min 44 sec. But in positioning however, only manage to improve 4 rungs, from 132 to 128.

Secondly, I did what I wanted to do for a long time, walk in the rain. Yea, was raining pretty hard at the 3 quarter of the run. For a brief moment, I felt 14, the age when I also happened to ran in the rain for my school's "Merentas Desa" event.

Personally, running in the rain is pretty hard. While the rain cool my body down, the rain water gets absorb by my vest, pants and shoes makes me feel heavier. Besides the gust of wind provides resistance while running, making me either slowing down or pushing my quads harder to run forward. I ran a pretty slow 1st quarter, reaching the 1st water station at the 2K mark at around 18 min but I surprised even myself when I reached the 2nd water station at the the 5K mark at 26 min! Then I ran outta gas at my 30 min limit. Recuperate for 3 min before hitting the road again. This was when it started to rain. Had to break down and walk a few times before somehow managing to cover the remaining 5K with a few minutes left from the 1 hour mark. Ended soaked wet and with blurry vision (glasses wet) when I crossed the finish line. Don't think I will get a good finishing photo (Yea, they will attach the photo to the cert, last year one my finish photo damn cacat, was with 1/2 dead face walking to finish line).

0 b*tchin: