Thursday, June 24, 2010

Swan Dance

Dear bloggie,

Yes, just attended my last afternoon session Body Balance class... A mixed feeling session, sad cause I can no longer can attend this class, but a sense of achievement seeing how I managed to do 2 tough poses today:

The Prayer



I recall the first time I saw tis pose was a good 3 months ago. Try as hard I may, my hands couldn't twist to form a prayer at my back. But I never gave up trying this pose. I practice twisting my hand to get a prayer, but furthest I managed was to form a prayer but the palm was 1/2 touching only. Fast forward to today, I stunned even myself today when I reached back and both palms touched fully forming a prayer at my back.

The Back Bend



Yes, this without a doubt I consider my best achievement so far. I recall the first time I attempted this pose, when I just started BB almost 1 year ago, epic fail. Couldn't even lift off my upper back from the floor due to lack of strength of arm and flexibility of back. The nearest next attempt I could recall was almost 1/2 year ago, I managed to lift of and go into a back bend pose, but couldn't last long and ended up over stretching my back. Painful experience I remember. Today, when the instructor said we were had a back bend in this release track, I was expecting another repeat of the 1/2 year incident. But after I push up from the bridge into the back bend, I was surprised at how more flexible my back was, and without too much effort slip into the back bend position. I know my pose is far from perfect, but this time around I managed to maintain it for quite a long time before my wrist gave up and I had to land down again. No pain afterward either... Befitting for my final swan dance...

I reflect back tis 1 year of BB have do for me. From the first day this weak and stiff noobie dared himself into stepping into a class that is more female dominate, the serene feel when doing the tai-chi moves, the sore sensation of my abs after certain abs track, the every class bliss of stretching and pushing my body to new limits, to the short escape from stress, tension, worries & reality during savasana. I couldn't ask for more really and have nothing but gratitude for being able to intercept with it for tis 1 year period. I guess tis is the part where I 'm supposed to say "Thanks"...

0 b*tchin: