Thursday, September 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Dear bloggie,

Quite alot of things happened lately... Too tired/lazy to blog on it. Mostly work things...

Hard to imagine in a week time, will already be 3 months since I worked at my new company. So fast time fly by... Sorta reminds me of my first company probation time also. Anyway, my company organized it's staff meeting last Tuesday. No much interesting thing, but seems the company is doing quite well except for the US branch. The company share also seem to risen up by around 30%, but since I not eligible for the share, SUX...

Also, the 1st lightning talk was held yesterday. Practically, anyone can go give a 5 minutes talk on anything tech related. As u can expect, I was snoozing while a bunch of hardcore programmers was ranting about how keng la tis language, how tiu la some people that use so many "if" statement in their code coz dunno how to use strategy design pattern, how to "Hypothesis Testing" (Dunno wtf it is also), blablabla... Onli good thing in my book, was free pizza to eat.

Kane, today lagi sial. Another monthly review. Crap man... Done like 3 de (+ tis one) so far, tis 31 another one. F*CK man, I initially thought was reviewed by HR ppl, mana tau is by a kwai lou that is above tis department head. Instead of he review me, he ask me review the company. Most questions did ok, except for how to improve the company question. Dunno wat to suggest, so say no idea at the moment. Lasted 15 minutes, dunno good or not.

Work wise, finally hit a tough task. Task is not tough actually but the condition make the task tough. In mid sprint, requirement change and the base application that we writing program to generate the configuration file for change the configuration files settings. So can imagine, like cut development 1/2 to finish task. Also tis round, I need demo to kwai lou my module... *Sigh*... However not all so bad, as have to say had quite a rather stimulating moment, when the team gather to discuss a solution/workaround on a problem I had in my module. The different stance and ideas discussed, you can really see la, hardcore programmers. In the end, after all the nice OO design, the solution I ended up using was a simple hack solution provided by my team lead...

Since I need demo my module, my team lead ask me ask QA how to test the module. So I had to communicate quite alot with my QA. Hahaha, now got at least got a gal to chat with in office de... Today was also supposed to be team lunch, but got postpone as we got a tight deadline to meet. Probably rescheduled to next week, or after this spring ends, ie: end of this month.

0 b*tchin: