Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How much?

Dear bloggie,

If happiness can be bought..how much would u willing to pay?

I saw this message on one of my former collegue's msn personal message... And it got me to wear my thinking cap for a few short minutes to ponder about it and decided to blog out my train of thoughts so one day, when I more older (and hopefully more wiser), I can look back at this entry and have a glimpse of my younger self. Have I changed? Am I more bitter, Am I more nihilist? Am I more miserable? Am I more whacky? Have I repented? Do I think the past self is a goddamn stupid wuss? ... And despite all changes that occurred during the ravages of time, Am I inside, my core self, my soul, my true self, unchanged? Anyway for those who want to hear my answers for the questions above will have to wait 10 years from today, ie 23 December 2018, Assuming I'm still alive then. Anyway back to the topic above...

The first thing that comes into my mind is I'm willing to pay 0 cent for it. Abit of reflection, I come to realize that it's "The Pure" me speaking, "The Pure" me views happiness as something , eh well pure. Something that transcend petty things like money, so it would be a mockery to try to purchase such pure thing with money. After all haven't u heard before the phrase "The best things in life is free".

But then "The Logic" me kicks in and screams "Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wat kinda naive n f*cked up logic is tat? F9 for Logical/Critical/Realistic thinking dude. If happiness is worth more than money, shouldn't you trade every money you have for it? Besides the current world you live in resolve around moolah, so grow up kiddo!".

Suddenly "The Monk" inside me comes out with a stick and hits "The Logic" Me with the stick on the head and points his index finger up to the sky. "Life is suffering, Desire leads to suffering, ..." but before "The Monk" finished his sentence, "The Rage" Me has already stuck a black bag on top of "The Monk" head from behind and landed a *Wham* cheap chair shot on him. "Happiness is just temporary, after it's over we will suffer, Blablabla... Yayaya, we all heard that phrase like a kazillion times before, so put a sock in it will ya!", "The Rage" shouts out.

"The Depress", "The Apathy" and "The Nihilist" me silently watch the spectacle from the sideline. They echo the same phrase "Watever..."

I lay back on my imaginary expensive sofa recliner and watch silently, amused as more of imaginary versions of myself fights, bicker and b*cth about the topic above. I realized the answer to the topic no longer matter to me, my interest is at how many versions of myself I have that is part of me as a whole... A f*cked up version of myself in ragged t shirt, unshaven beard, uncombed hair, slippers and short pants walks up to me and said "Guess I won"... I merely nod as a response and say "I guess you did, Slacker Me"...

0 b*tchin: