Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nvidia Fiasco

Dear bloggie,

I'm bloggin from my old deskop PC for the 1st time since 1 year ago. Y? Coz the lappy is wasted... My Dell Inspiron 1420 seems to have either a gpu or mobo problem as my screen goes a empty black screen. I tried hooking up a external monitor but wat appears is a distorted screen. I did some diggin on the net and found that my gpu, Nvidia 8400M seems to be defective. The GPU go karput after overheating. So far no formal response from Nvidia or Dell on this matter. Dell has however offer a 12 month extension to warranty for specific model lappy with this defective GPU. My warranty has expired a couple months ago, so I might giv Dell a call soon.

But the main problem is what is the resolution for this problem? Many people have reported Dell have simply replace their mobo n gpu with the same version one. So we are getting the same defective gpu tat will have a chance to karput in the next 12 months? I dunno wtf is goin on but I already starting to regret purchasing this gpu unit. Sure, my lappy could handle a fair amount of high level games but with the risk of my lappy goin karput anytime especially at critial moment, I can't help to regret paying less for a lousy intel graphic card instead. Save me the $ and trouble.

I sure hope Nvidia and major OEM involved in tis matter issue out a callback for the defective gpu and have them replace with a gpu of equivalent value and without a defective flaw. However, I doubt such action will even persuade me to purchase anymore product from these 2 sides as the way they handle tis matter seems really f*ck. No phone call, No email (Talk about being top OEM but a goddamn email also can't sent to inform the client on tis matter, So if the gpu no burn down are u guys planning to lets the defective gpu continue till it karput?). Instead of recognizing the issue and taking prompt action, neither side really did any BIG action and still model with this defective gpu are being rolled out to unsuspecting peoples like I was. Shouldn't these model (or atleast this GPU) be stop from rolling out already since you already know there's a defect?

Final advice, Stay away from Nvidia until they sorted out tis mess. Theirs action is a good indication of wat kinda service you will get from them as a customer.

0 b*tchin: