Saturday, March 7, 2009

Monk for dummies

Dear bloggie,

Alot of ppl sorta like gimme the "Har!?" face whenever I self proclaim the title as a monk. Common la dud dudes, never heard ppl quote out the sarcastic phrase "Living like a monk" before meh... When I sarcastically say I'm a monk, it's simply mean I been forced to live like a monk, just without the religious part ok...

"A Monk (Greek: μοναχός, monachos) is a person who practices religious asceticism, the unconditioning of mind and body in favor of the realization of one's true nature, and does so living either alone or with any number of like-minded people, whilst always maintaining some degree of physical separation from those not sharing the same purpose - Wikipedia"

I started to called myself a monk coz of my amazement of studying how monks live but it's ironic tat "monk" have the meaning above. Living either alone or with any number of like-minded people while separating from those who don't. Wow... I'm so monk!

Maybe I can actually write a monk for dummies when I'm more elderly to guide all those lost monk out there how to "properly live like a monk". Hahhaah....

0 b*tchin: