Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bakau@Oasis SG

Dear bloggie,
"I wasn't there when Edison created the first light bulb,
Nor was I there when Armstrong landed on the moon,
But on that day, I wasn't just there,
I was among 10,000 other peoples rocking down history..."

So Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as she're walking on by,
Her soul slides away,
But don't look back in anger I heard you say...

So Sally can wait, she know it's too late as she're walking on by,
Her soul slides away,

But don't look back in anger,
But don't look back in anger,

I heard you say...

Without a doubt the most memorable moment in the concert...

Honestly, I have to say tis RnR outing onli rates poor 3rd place outta my other 2 other RnR outing... Maybe coz of the bad experience I encounter at the start of the concert made me lose my focus in enjoying the concert...

Anyway here the rundown on my experience on attending Oasis Concert at Singapore's Indoor Stadium 2009...

Ok, Bullet Proff Godlike Monk, MFR and I arrive at the venue at around 5pm+ via a taxi from our hotel at Geylang (Yea, yea, Geylang as in Geylang, Singapore's infamous red light district). We went to claim our tickets as the ticket booth. We saw a few nutcase Oasis fans already queuing in the entrance to the stadium, I meant, the concert was scheduled to starts at 9pm and it's only 5pm. That's like 4 hours more... Crazy nutcases...

Anyway after claiming our ticket we hunted around the stadium for food as we haven't had our dinner yet. After scouring around the stadium, we decided to utilize the food booth prepared for the concert mainly coz the other restaurant in the stadium look to have a menu far bigger than our wallet. So Godlike ended up having a SGD 8 chicken kebab!, while MFR and I ended up having another goddamn burger (BTW burger was SGD 6, Damn ripoff)! BURGER, BURGER n BURGER... That was my diet for that whole f*ckin day. Morning McD burger (McMuffin), Lunch MOS burger (Unagi Rice Burger) and Dinner another BURGER (Fish Fillet Burger)... *Sigh*

After demolishing another BURGER, me and the other 2 losers decided join the queue of nutcase fans. There was a young gal (Sori, reluctant to use the word "babe" coz I can't bring myself to use that word) infront of us that was trying to pry open a bottle of wine. MFR tried to show his "Siew Sa Ness" but too bad malu besar, pai kut kia boh lat pry open the wine. After MFR throw the towel, the gal ask a Malay dude help, after abit of struggle the malay guy however managed to pry open the wine, I was like "WAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!"

Anyway, after a LONG QUEUE and WAIT, at around 8+pm the guards started to lets us into the stadium. Everyone poured into the stadium, we quickly walked to claimed a good position (Free Standing). We managed to secure a rather good position, front right, row 7+. We decided to take tis pix:



To capture the moment in time where we were here. Here at Singapore Indoor Stadium. 9pm, 5th April 2009. Just minutes away from being rocked to kingdom come by Oasis. There is no better Konica moment than that...

Then everything started to go downhill from there. A 6 pound gorilla somehow managed to get infront of me. F*CK! 1st of all block me view, 2nd of all my spider slacker sense started to go wild. And when he suddenly put on a head sweat band, I was like "OMG WTF!? I'm really going to be hurt if this gorilla goes TOO high and starts throwing his elbow around." Then I saw a fist being constraint by another hand. It seems a fight almost erupted, from was I could gather visually, I'm guessing the idiot behind shouted too loud (and probably too much) to the extend he annoyed the dude infront of him that decided to give him a piece of his mind. The idiot was pissed of by tis and went for a swing at the dude infront of him. Lucky the idiots frens managed to grab his hands. Now, my opinion in tis matter is quite simply... We all are here to enjoy ourself, I understand some idiots enjoy to be extra idiotic on such occassion (Tis is a Rock concert after all) but when ur have fun being a idiotic idiot at the expense of other ppl fun, ur deserve to get thrown outta this Rock concert, bottomline.

Then finally around 9pm+, the Oasis band appear and everyone in the stadium went into a erratic frenzy... Oasis started to play their first song. I was enjoying that moment till suddenly a shove came from the side. I ignored the shove, since it's quite common for abit of pushing here and there to happen during a rock concert especially free standing one. Then it slowly started to get worst. The people at the back was pushing to the front, the front people retal by pushing back to the back. It was getting harder and harder to concentrate on listening to the music with the pushing front and back. I lost one of my leg balance (due to no place to land as was cramped like sardin between everyone else) but lucky no fall down. The mui mui chai infront of me was even worst, being a small size gal, she got sandwiched between me and MFR. Even for me whose body size is quite average size felt pain being cramped, I can onli imagine a smaller body size people like her would feel. This pushing really made the previous worst pushing I experience (Singfest 2008) felt like a walk in the park. MFR n Godlike decided they had enuff and push their way outta the crowd to the side. I however got stuck inbetween the pushing and couldn't follow them out. I slowly tried to dig my way outta the chaos when I spotted a group of gals also trying to escape the chaos. I follow their route, but to my disgust these gals were too not spared, getting badly sandwiched. Lucky somehow I managed to push my way to the back (5-6 row more back) and found a safe spot with no pushing. I really felt like if I got my hands on the jack@$$es that started this pushing, I'LL PERSONALLY GIVE THEM A ROCK BOTTOM AND A STONE COLD STUNNER!

That event put me in a rather foul mood through the rest of the concert. As my anger slowly subsides, I started to focus more on enjoying myself in Oasis concert. By Wonderwall, I manage to put aside the earlier incident and enjoy myself.



Man, how I forgotten how it feels to have a earth shaking sound of musical making ur heart pump blood like crazy. Since I onli know 2 songs from Oasis, other songs were great music but didn't really left an deep impact on me. The best moment in the concert for me was when Oasis Noel started to string his guitar to perform "Don't look back in anger". The 10,000 crowd participated in this sing along with Noel... Really awesome feel considering I know 70% of the lyrics too and managed to sing along for most of the song... The sound of the crowd echoing behind Noel voice and his awesome guitar rift, simply spellbinding experience... To be in the center of the 10,000 people singing together...



Then the last song Oasis perform to my suprise was "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles. Got into the feel too but since I dunno most part of this song, can't sing along...



I am the eggman,
~Woo
they are the eggmen.
~Woo
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.

F*ckin great song n f*ckin great way to end the concert...

And to end tis blog entry, I present my trademark "visit singapore" pix of myself "enjoying" Singapore's FHM magazine...

0 b*tchin: