Thursday, July 7, 2005

Choices, choices...

Hmm... Another co. recently contacted me and want to conduct a 2nd interview so I'm currently have two choices, stay at my current co. or jump ship...

Choice 1: Stay at current co.
Pros:
  • Get to learn from a 35 years experience programmer
  • Future prospect of rising up the career ladder is good if I can cope
  • Expense saving since work place is near
Cons:
  • Office politics
  • Demanding boss
  • Stress and pressure to deliver may result in getting all my hair white
Choice 2: Jump ship to other co.
Pros:
  • More understanding boss (A programmer himself)
  • Less strict dressing code
  • Local chinese programmers, easier to communicate
Cons:
  • Expense will skyrocket due to petrol, parking and toll
Staying at my current co. seems like the more harder task but the reward looks far greater. Hard choice indeed considering I like to learn from an experience programmer but I also like a less stressfully work environment. Too bad can't have both... :-(

0 b*tchin: