Sunday, July 24, 2005

Me, Malaysia's Biggest Loserz

After one week of working at my new company, I decided to label myself as Malaysia biggest loser. Why I call myself Malaysia's biggest loser? Simple, cause I'm one.

Imagine having ur father driving with u to work and then coming back from work with u (Meaning 4 trips up and down to my office). I'm indeed utterly useless. When I suggest I go solo since I already know the road to office, my father claims my driving skill is not up to mark, blablabla (Believe me, no one stands a chance to be considered up to mark by my father)... Today, I just sort of spoiled my boss birthday party at a KTV because of this reason. I asked my father to gimme drive the car to my office as I know tis party will end very very late but my father insisted on going with me and said he would wait at my relative house at Bangsar. The boss party was held in Kepong which was pretty far from my office. Atlast, a senior worker had to drive me to Bangsar where my father was waiting... I dunno wtf my co-workers thinks of me anymore considering I'm so useless till need my father drive me up to work and back from work....

Besides that, I also had to suffered a stab through my ego. I always thought my Java skill were good, but after working for just a week in my new company, I realized just how much skill I was lacking. I knew my skills nothing at international level but to be lacking that much even at local level, it really puts a hole through my self confidence.

Putting my ego self aside, my new co. is definitely one good co. The environment is great and most importantly the collegues are friendly. I however have doubt if someone so useless as me is worth being in such good co. Most of my collegue are same age but are way ahead of me in programming skills and definitely more independant. But if u think I gonna call it quits, think again. Despite my parents advice for me to quit this job and find a job near Klang or "any area where driving to there is easy", I'm very determined to prove to my parents that their opinion on how I should live my life is not always right.

How can I drive better solo if I'm not allowed to struggle by driving solo to work to begin with? How can I become better at programming if I dun accept the I got points where I need to work one? How can I be independant if I was to always let my parent dictate how I should live my life? I'm considering renting a room at my aunties house at Bangsar so I can goto work easier (cut cost of toll also) but mainly so I can start living independant without my parents ordering me how I should eat, drink, work, sleep, exercise, play and most importantly live my life. I know I owe my parents alot for raising me, but I can let they live my life for me anymore...

0 b*tchin: