Thursday, July 7, 2005

Trip To Melaka

Okay, today I went on a business trip together with Mr Kumar and Mr Tah to Melaka. Well, the trip was not bad (beats sitting in my office doing nothing) but most of the time in the car, I kept quiet since I'm unable to engage on the conversations that Mr Tah and Mr Kumar were having (family, sons, cars, working exp). Mr Tah indeed impressed me with his broad knowlegde which enables him to conversate quite alot of things with Mr Kumar. Anyway, the journey to Melaka tooks about long 3 hours and quite frankly I wasn't aware of why I was sent together with Mr Tah and Mr Kumar in this trip (Heck, I dun even know wtf where we were heading to in Melaka).

Atlast we reach our destination and since this project is quite confidential, u bet I won't run my rants about it here. Anyway at our destination, we were greated by two businessmans which dun look like normal businessmans (Ever seen a normal businessman wears polo T-shirt and short pants?). I was cracking my arse when one of the businessman received a h/p call from his h/p and reply the call by saying "No ur not my banker, ur not my agent and ur not my ???, pls dun call me again!" before exclaiming to us "Damn, these telemarketing people hah, thesssh! How the hell they get my h/p no. one...". The other businessman reply by saying "They sell it to them one mah, those housing, car and etc agent". LOL

Then the two businessman treated us to lunch at a chicken rice shop, driving us there in the Mercs. I'm betting my shoes these two guys are definitely big shots by the way they talk. During lunch, I got questioned by one of them whom asked me about how many programming languages I knew. I said I only knew one ie Java. Then he asked Mr Kumar how many he knew, Mr Kumar said he knew about 70+ languages from Assembly (Note: Mr Kumar been in IT field for over 35 years).

The trip back was more quiet as we were already tired so not so many conversation. After we reached the office block, Mr Kumar and Mr Tah asked me to join them for coffee... I eagerly joined them for coffee (Hehehe, during office hour). There I learned a fact that puts my so-called coffee addiction to shame. Mr Kumar claims during his younger days he used to whallop around 11 cups of coffee a day! Shit, my personal record for coffee is atmost 5 cups a day... Malu betul... Anyway Mr Kumar told me more about his experience in this field, he claimed he often slept for a short 4 hours a day. Mr Tah then claimed he been smoking since 13, and at times he whack 5 packets a day! Talk about extreme... They indeed earned my respect... LOL

Mr Kumar then left us at the coffee shop to go home (As chief of R&D, he have a flexible timetable). Mr Tah told me to learn as much as I can from Mr Kumar cause Mr Kumar has more than 35 years of experience (worth gold if u ask me). Mr Tah asked me to asked whatever I'm not sure of in the project to Mr Kumar cause I'm actually expected to take over the project once Mr Kumar leaves us (Note: Mr Kumar is from India) in 6 more months. Quite a large task for someone so small like me ya, but Mr Tah motivation speech indeed inspired me to try (told u, he was a great talker).

0 b*tchin: