Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Work = Boredom

I been working at my current company for a good 2 weeks, and I'm bored to dead there... As a Junior Programmer, I have yet to touch or see any Java code... The nearest code like thing I touch was html...

So wtf have I been doing on this 2 long weeks there then? Well, Lets see... I have been doing data entry job for the operation dept. (domain training, it's so called), writting a bloody replica of a form into html and typing my CEO's emails from his notes (damn, and I thought my writting is damn hard to read) into his Outlook.

My spirit is beginning to demoralized as I spend most of my time at work doing absolutely "nothing". The programmer I'm assign under often comes to the office for a brief period before vanishing and I'm stuck with no task in hand as there ain't a IT Manager to delegate task to me. When I ask for task from other programmers, I get the "Ugh... I dunno wtf is ur task, so go bother someone else since I got alot of task in hand now" treatment. To top it all off, the operation manager had a fond habit of draggin me into her dept. to do data entry since her dept. is understaff. Sheesh...

Not all is bad though, I meet some new people at work most notable one is Mr Tah. Why I find him intresting? Well for someone who lacks communication skills, I find Mr Tah's communication skill indeed amazing. He is fluent in Chinese, Malay, English and Tamil. I seen him sweet talk others effortless. And best thing of all, he have some understanding of the IT unlike most ppl working in the co.

0 b*tchin: