Friday, July 8, 2005

Reset button for my career?

Damn, I got screwed again at my office today. I was on "unpaid" leave today but decided still to go to office since Mr Kumar and Mr Tah setup a meeting to discuss about the new product at 10am. Imagine my disgust when I approach Mr Kumar only to be inform the meeting is at 2pm. Mr Kumar however said he would repeat the product information on next week for me. Killed my initial doubts about staying at the co.

Went to the co. for the 2nd interview, my father drove me there since my sister was using the car. Noticed my father using the Highway from Banting instead of the Federal Highway, didn't mention it to him since he is the type who likes to experiment with roads to use when going to KL. It wasn't till we reached a third toll where I sensed something was admist, he was driving to Technology Park Malaysia to APIIT!!! I warn him and he got into his normal ego mood, blaming me (Advice: Shut up and suck it up when u get into these kinda situation)... Got to pass through a bunch of tolls to turn into Cheras area.

Reached the office and got another suprised. The boss inform me that this appointment was not for an interview but to inform me that I got the job offer. I inform him I already am employ but is willing to quit my current job for this job. He went on to explain the terms and condition, and I got the shock of my life when he stated my salary is Rm X.X K!! Almost 40% more compared to my current one and more than the salary I asked for in my resume! He went on and stated I would be placed under probation for 3 months and if I perform up to mark, I may get another 10-20% increase!!! Besides that, no work on Saturday and any T-shirt with collar will do for work attire!!! WTF!? I however asked if any travelling is required and got the reply, he would only send experienced ones and won't sent wet feets like me (My current co. wants to send me to Manila for one freaking month, alone to setup a product there in Sept!!!).

I wanted to seal the deal right there but decided to ask for some time to sign the contact cause I'm still bound to my current co. contract, never know if I may get sued for signing a new contract without terminating the old one first... I got around 10 days to reply... Best part is I'm gonna start off doing Java programming at familiar terrain (JSP, scriplets somemore...). I was also encouraged to take up Hibernate which he also ask if I knew what it is. Off course I know wtf it is! OR (Object - Relational) Mapping Solution (Not sure if solution is the right word). Thought I dun know how to use it... yet... :-)

Anyway the whole deal was far more casual and friendly manner (compared to me current co. one) which goes well with me. Now I gotta make a decision, stay or move... I would be missing a chance of a lifetime to study under a 35 years experience programmer if I leave but my morale at my current company is very low, as my friend at my current co. would say it "Everyone here take care of their own self only"...

1 b*tchin:

chris said...

change job lar...