Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FF: Bodypump

Dear bloggie,

Just pumped with my toy for about 1 hour just now...

Anyway, starting to get used to going into new classes as a newbie already. Today's class lucky for me quite balance male and female (still more female). Go in the class de, see everyone going for the bar, weights and step. Since I dunno wat is the weight and how to assemble the "toy", I asked an random aunty lor.

Lucky the aunty was friendly enuff to teach me the "ropes". Taught me what kinda weights I should start of with (very light, 2 x 1kg weight at both ends, she say I can also try 2.5kg one but I opt light since dunno how my body enuff strength sufficient or not, better light and risk injury going too heavy), how to assemble the weights with the barbell and how to position my ankle when doing a squat and also wat kinda weights I should take (Need take a few since u need to change the weights inbetween different exercises and also some exercise just use the weight so if u take extra no need dissemble the barbell todo that exercise, I took around 6 x 1kg and 2 x 2.5kg).

She also tested my barbell bar and told me I took the heavy 6kg bar (I was wondering y so heavy one the bar), advice me take light one. I take my equipments and put behind the class (U know la, I dun like sitting infront one) but the instructor knew I was a newbie and ask me to come infront so I can see and learn better (I dun like infront cause it's hard to observe how other people are doing the exercise, since the instructor is facing u). At first, the barbell weight I used feel abit too light, body don't feel so pushed but after doing a variety of exercises for 30+ mins, wah... my muscles felt fatigue especially my quads and triceps. The exercise that I found hard for me was the lunge. KNN the instructor show me how to it in a easier style (pregnant women or beginner style) also I really felt my quads sore like crap, not even putting the barbell on also since was using the barbell as tongkat to assist the lunge.

When class ended, I really needed to push to stand straight as my quads were lembik. Overall enjoyable class (Not as enjoyable as Body Balance) but still need a few classes to familiarize myself with the exercises and find the proper weight.

#Update: Abs also sore now

0 b*tchin: