Friday, June 26, 2009

Kitchen Disaster

Dear bloggie,

Now, I never EVER before wander into the cooking domain cept if you count cooking Maggi Mee as cooking. Since my daily lunch meals looks like unhealthy crap food (Tah Pau from outside one) and the pix of this Vege Fritatta at runnersworld.com looks so appetizing, I decided to go "Into the Wild" like I did yesterday when I tried something new for a change instead of waiting for the change to seek me.

OK, Main recipe is like tis:

Vegetable Fritatta

2 cups of vegetables - peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach
3 eggs
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup jarred bruschetta or chunky spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste

Video

Beat 3 eggs with 1 tablespoon water, add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. Set eggs aside. Give your frying pan a light coat of oil and then sauté the peppers, mushrooms, onions. After the peppers have cooked down, add the spinach. The spinach will cook quickly, and once it's wilted, pour the eggs over the vegetables and cook until set (about 20 minutes). Cut into wedges and top with bruschetta sauce or chunky spaghetti sauce. Garnish with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.


But I subs the vegetable with frozen vege which easily can get from the supermarket and already diced nicely de one (Lazy @$$, I know). Mushroom also I had problem finding in the supermarket, so I omit also.

So I started of by frying the frozen vege on the cooking pan. 3-4 Minutes, (Didn't cook 20 minutes coz the frozen one already cooked de one, label said boil 1 minute can eat de one), I crack the eggs into the pan. Here I noticed why the egg no nicely cover the pan like in the video one. Then "OMG WTF!?", I realized I forgot 1 step, need crack the egg into a cup with abit of water and beat it first before pouring it into the pan one! Tiu lor, I see the egg not watery enuff. So I decided to scramble the eggs with the vegetable instead. Add some onion (My mother got fried some onions de one). 4-5 minutes later, serve in a plate. Finally added some pepper, Parmesan cheese and spaghetti sauce. Then straight into my stomach.

0 b*tchin: