Monday, October 12, 2009

3rd Choice

Dear bloggie,

"You can decided to give up or make an effort. There are only 2 choices for human to choose from. You have to honestly tell them ur feelings. The rest is up to them. To make an effort or to give up, would then be their choice. It's the same for you. It's the same for everyone.

I told a lie to Yamada-san. There are actually 3 choices. But if you believe that there are only 2, you can open pathways... So I won't say the 3rd answer." - Shuuji, Honey & Clover.

Being someone with a curiosity enuff to kill the cat, I can't help but ponder wat is the 3rd choice spoken here. I read some online comments stating it could be "leaving things as it is". Make some sense, since if u do leave things as it is, nothing gets resolves hence it's better for us to believe that there are only 2 choices, to give up or make an effort in order to resolve the issue.

One of my junior monks actually had to make such as choice, so I quote tis to him. Outcome, I ended up being mocked by my fellow monks. Stating which bible did I took it out from, ur advice is like no advice, etc... Well, I actually took it from an anime (Honey & Clover), so I expect if I told them tat, they will probably mock me more. But the fact it comes from an anime, does it meant it carry no weights? We give advice based on our gathered wisdom, feeling, knowledge & experience. In short our advice is wat we think we will do if we were in such scenario. Since we can't really gauge the outcome of a decision, isn't wat we can do best in any decision process is to be honest with ourself? It's really about knowing urself, Can u take possible bad consequences at the expense of being honest with urself? or can you live with being dishonest with urself to obtain possible good consequences? There is no right or wrong choice since it ain't rocket science...

0 b*tchin: