Sunday, July 1, 2012

Physical Limit

Dear bloggie,

Tis morning, wake up at 5.30am+, then rush to Centro Klang to collect my bib and vest. At around 7am, start my 12K run. Arrive at finish line at 8am+... Decided to skip lucky draw and rush home to bath and prepare for my long journey. Around 9.30am, drove the whole way to Jaya One for my 1st Pilates Reformer class. Reach there at 10.30am... Too early due to no jam in Federal. *Sigh*

Went to the studio, door sign was "Open" but door was locked and no people in reception. So I wait awhile, then 2 gals also appear. They also like me, peek into the glass door see inside got people or not.. Then they press door bell at a side of the door tat I didn't see >_<. Then as I guessed, this class instructor is my 1st Pilates sifu appear from inside the back of the studio to open door. A class is in session it seems. He recognize me (Amazingly, since it been almost 1 year and u have to consider how many other students faces one will need to see)... He gave us a form to fill up and rushed back to his class. I fill the form and look around the receptionist area. Then sienz de seeing things like class schedule, price list, etc... Go sit beside the 2 gals. From slight chat, found out that these 2 gals also like me, 1st timer to this class. Class ended, and my sifu come to give us a crash course on the studio. Where locker, toilet, classroom... blablabla... Also shower, locker and changing room is unisex one... Toilet didn't go, but the changing room is no solid door one, just a curtain style one. The most interesting part of the studio however is open area, where got alot of pilates machine. Got a cadillac, 6 reformers (2 with extension parts to convert into a cadillac), 1 wunda chair, ??? ladder n barrel and alot of small pilates props on a huge cupboard (small fitball, cables, etc). Also got a huge machine, I dunno wat izt at the end of the room... My perception of this studio is quite small but cozy and equipped with alot of pilates equipments... Anyway, another 2 gal arrive and it seems tis session got only 5 students including me (well, got 6 reformers onli after all)... Since 1st class for 3 of us, the instructor give us a 101 on reformer... The adjustment to do before exercise and etc. I onli put into memory the 2 essential things of the reformer, the adjustment for the height and how to load/unload the spring cable. So start 1st class... Didn't do really a lot of exercises as still new to the reformer, so quite a lot of time spent on learning how to use it properly. Quite short, I feel since did not much exercise compared by Pilates class I normally attend. But I'm really have to say the machine really is to a great tool to perfect the exercises. It really make it easier to execute the exercise correctly (Note: Most exercises done on the machine can be done without it on a mat). Hence it really helps the exercise to isolate the part of the body it is meant to focus on. Do I enjoy the class... Of course! And with onli 5 students, the instructor was always walking around examining and correcting us on the spot so we correctly perform the exercise. I think I did most exercise ok, but my sifu told me I was wearing quite baggy clothes, hence it's hard for him to check if my posture is correct especially the spine, hips and etc. Class over, have to clean up the reformer with spray and cloth. Then sifu do his PR thing with the other 2 gals, talk bout the benefits of Pilates, etc...

So after class, I drive the way back to Klang since 2 other monk don't wanna go out lepak. Almost home, I decided to go for yoga class. Today class was "Hip Opener"... At the end of the class, while doing savasana... I actually dozed off... I only recall I heard the 1st bell (instructor will ring the bell 3 times as indicator for student to bring back awareness back into ur body) then the next thing I remember, was I wake up and see everyone already finish doing the bow to sifu. Dun think anyone noticed my sleeping... But the instructor said, hip opening are great for relaxing the body... and advisable to do before sleep as it will help u fall into sleep easier. So not really my fault I fall asleep...

So there u have it... I pushed my limit physically and mentally today. Quite depressing in some sense my Sunday is spend like tis but hey... beats slacking infront of the bloody computer surfing p0rn or etc...

0 b*tchin: