Monday, February 9, 2009

Vampire driving under the full moon

Dear bloggie,

Been quite some time since I last drove aimlessly in the dark nite like tonite. Yea, very soothing for a peculiar reason. It's really beautiful really, how the lights lite up the street in the dark, and the full moon in the black lite sky. Driving in the dark nite always makes my mind wander, especially if I'm driving aimlessly without a destination.

Why does this world works on the day and sleep through the nite? Day light too bright to sleep? Bad visibility problem during the nite? Or izt because the nite is the best time of the day hence best time to sleep?

Some people berated me for being a nite person (During college days, I self proclaim myself as a vampire becoz I would be awake all nite and onli goto sleep when the sun rises). I think I prefer the nite coz it's far more peaceful at nite (Ever sat beside your room window and gazed out to the darkness outside?) and not to mention less hot. I always wondered what would it be like if we ever switch our culture to work at nite and sleep during the day?

Anyway during my drive, I drove passed a lot of old shops. Seeing these shop lots at nite sorta made me missed my time when I used to live in one of em myself, back when I was still a kid staying under my grandpa's old sundry shop. Oh, how I still can remember myself gazing out from my room's ancient window at the surrounding neighborhood slums at nite. Sure, my life is far more better now (better room, house, etc), but I still feel I was more alive back then. Maybe it's coz our long memory tends to onli store good ones, hence I could onli recall all those sweet memories yet again I still can remember some bad one while I was living there. The fear of the sound of the wooden floor creak at nite, the dripping rooftop when it rained, etc...

Odd really how seeing some things can stir our memories while driving in the dark...

0 b*tchin: