Sunday, April 25, 2010

100m Blitz

Dear bloggie,

Have I ever b*tch bout my supreme high school achievement to getting last place in a 100m run? Anyway if I did, prepare for a rerant...

Yea, I was last place in a 100m run on my school sports day during my heydays in form 3. Suffice to say, the devastating fact I can't run sh*t was enough for me to retire from any sports activity for my sport's house/clan/watever. Till today, I guess I never quite gotten over that run. To qualify for the final run, to compete amongst the best runners in my school, it's should be a great honor and achievement indeed. Yet, at the same time, to be utterly blown away by the difference in speed, natural talent & effort... One could say it is agonizing indeed... Some say limit is something we make up in our mind, I agree to a certain degree. But there is a difference between limiting one self and not facing reality. Looking back at my life, I admit I am guilty for both faults.

So why am I ranting bout a 100m run I ran almost 12 years ago? Cause I randomly ran a 100m just now and I'd have to say, it's was very refreshing run down memory lane. To cut through wind like a knife, the breeze of the wind blowing one's face, the sensation of one body pushed to the limit. To remember why I once used to like running like a mad dog along my grandpa's sundry shop. To recall why I enjoyed running to begin with... To realize I been actually running for 12 years, running away from facing reality...

#Note: MFR, care for a little wager? See if I can run 100M in 13 secs. Loser buy winner breakfast, mau?

2 b*tchin:

chris said...

u said 10 sec...if u can dip under 11 sec, i belanja lor

Kyuzo said...

cb, i said 13