Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Change

Dear bloggie,

They say the only that is constant now days is "change".

I ponder upon my ability to change... or more exact my mentally to embrace change. I know from everything is impermanent. One would suffer less if one simply just give in to the changes and dance to it's beat. Yet something inside of me find comfort in stagnant. Maybe it's cause, seeing something familiar bring comfort to me.

Hence the question "If I was given 3 years, can I be someone?" Someone here simply refers to a person that can be considered successful or rather ranked above above average in this modern society. I view this question as two fold.

One, do I have the capability to be someone? Can I learn and adapt myself to excel in this ever changing world? Can an rather old dog like me, learn a new dog trick? Can I confront my weakness? Can my mind soak up new knowledge?

Two, the real million dollar question: Do I want to change? I mean after, for all the potential one has, if the heart isn't really there, the potential is for naught. To climb the ladder, it takes effort... And effort is something that requires a lot of heart and gut.

0 b*tchin: