Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hot Hot Hot...

Dear bloggie,

I attended my first ever Hot Flow class this morning. Have to say... Like it's name suggest, this is one "Hot" class...

According to the description on this class, the class is conducted in a 37 degrees heated studio. When I enter the almost full house class, I can already feel the heat radiating from the damn heater. Just a few minutes of sitting on the mat doing nothing while waiting for the instructor to come in, already I felt my skin sweating lightly.

The yoga posses are like normal yoga class posses. Today's class is more inclined towards "twist" and "standing balance", I'm okay with most beginner to intermediate poses as long as it doesn't involve hip opener or hamstring stretches.

Starting, the heat just sorta makes me sweat faster like I normally do in classes but however after awhile, I feel like my stamina was like depleted (after sweating like a skewed pig) when it really wasn't the case. Breathing was more hard and doing poses which I normally can do with moderate effort began to turned into a really challenge with a pool of sweat all over my head, hands and mat. My mind also began to lose focus due to the heat and commands from my brain such as "Twist here", "Twist there", "Lift leg", "Powered up left leg from floor" started to be ignored by my body. I even ran outta gas and couldn't maintain a lot of posses near the end. I was never so relieved when the instructor turned of the heater and turned on the air cond before ordering us into Savasana pose.

When I left the room, it was like I had just fallen into a swimming pool. My clothes and pants were wet with sweat. When I hit the showers, the cold water flooding my face, hair, skin, etc never felt such good. My mind was like refresh or heighten awareness for a short moment (Probably physiological effect of putting oneself in an extreme setup before putting oneself back to normal setup, the relative feeling of normal would then feel beyond normal even when it is just normal).

Now after 3-4 hours from taking a nap due to fatigue, I'm still feeling the "heat" (mentally) even after 3 rounds of shower. I'm not so sure if I want or can attend such a class again. But I will observe my body status the next 2-3 days to see the effects of this class before deciding.

0 b*tchin: