Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sacrifices

Dear bloggie,

I really like this quote:

"We make choices. I hate to say 'sacrifices.' When I speak to younger groups, to colleges and other younger athletes, I say 'we don't make sacrifices. If we truly love this sport and we have these goals and dreams in the sport, the classroom, or in life, they're not sacrifices. They're choices that we make to fulfill these goals and dreams.' Sacrifices makes it sound like 'oh, poor me, I have to do this in order to get to this,' and I don't really like that word. It was just really the choice to take care of myself and live a proper lifestyle. In doing that, I feel like a healthier person, I feel focused in everything, not just in my running. In following this one dream, I feel like I became an even more well-rounded person. - Deena Castor"

For ur info, Deena is a women marathon runner from US. She was featured as one of the seven runners in "The Spirit of the Marathon" which follows her through her injury, recovery, training and actual run in the Chicago Marathon, where she won the marathon. I not really fond of positives motivational quotes, but having seen how she fought from an injured leg to winning the Chicago Marathon, I'll make an exception for her.

0 b*tchin: