Saturday, April 10, 2010

How much u pushing in ur pushup?

Dear bloggie,

Just wanted to post a cool way to calculate how much weight one is doing on one's pushup. I been striving to achieve a full body weight (61kg) pushup by hopefully end of this year so I need to see how much weight I was doing now on my normal pushup.

The common weight one is doing in a normal pushup is around 50-70%, depending on one's body structure. After abit of digging on the Internet, I found this particular method easy and coolest to used to gauge how much weight one is doing in one's pushup. What u need is just a weight scale and urself.

Just simply go into ur pushup position and place a scale inbetween ur hands. Place both hands on the scale (Straight arm plank position) and voila... The estimate of the weight you are doing in your pushup.

For me, the scale hit the 41kg mark (Around 67% of my body weight), I have managed recently to do weighted pushup (place weights in a backpack and wear tat backpack while doing pushup) at a good 10kg. I did the scale test again with the backpack and the weight risen up to 49kg. So I'm still lacking a huge 12kg from my goal.

0 b*tchin: