Sunday, May 24, 2009

Food for thought: Salvation

Dear bloggie,

A food for thought of mine when I was younger,

After all the sins we human race have committed in our life, molesting mother nature to ease our life, consuming other "inferior" living species to ease our stomach and butchering our own species to maintain the so called human civilization... One have to often wonder:

"Are we worthy of salvation?"

I often heard people b*tch bout how God won't answer our prayers or etc... More optimistic peoples often say God don't answer our prayer as he is testing us or is silently watching us, etc. I however being a pessimistic have the thought maybe god already feed up and have just gave up on us.

It's quite hard for me to deny such thought never cross my mind. I mean really, some people just really make me lose faith in the entire human race. I sometimes find myself unable to accept these people perception, mindset and action in their life. Makes me feel vile, sick and wanna throw up for being the same species as them. Maybe that why some of my friends call me "Sicko" yet again that's my right, the right to choose how I live my life. Ironic, the exact same right these people have in their life.

However the real question that bug me is "Is it right to allow one drop of salt spoil the entire soup?" Why should innocent people have to suffer because of the action of the sinners? Take the Palestine and Israel crap for instance. Who suffer the most? Who should we even blame for this crap? Should we blame the people who started the provocation? Should we blame the side that resorted to violence? Should we blame the human beings that lead the war on both sides? Should we blame anyone yielding a gun? Should we blame the weapon manufacturers? Should we blame god for his inaction or action to take no action? Or should I blame myself for sitting in front of my laptop seeing all this crap and do shit about it?

The world is in a very f*cked up mess. So many problems... war, sickness, injustice, poverty, global warming, animal extinction, starvation, economic recession, deforestation, natural resource problem, etc... And what really makes me shiver is we're doing absolutely nothing about it. We know it's there and yet we opt to ignore the problem (Well, some of us I admit are doing something about it)... Maybe we think deep inside of us, "Armageddon? Nah, not this lifetime". Or "I got more important everyday things to do then these issues". Or maybe we have the mindset of "Nope, Not my problem". Worst is the apathetic mindset "Whatever" like me.

Hence my question, are we worthy of salvation? If you were thrown into a scenario where you have the remote with the button that would trigger the nuclear missile to end this world in your hand, what would you do? What would be the justification for your action?

Me? Frankly speaking I dunno what I would do. Sometimes I think ya, we deserved what was coming towards us. Sometimes I think no, how about the innocents? Sometimes I think ya, It's bound to happen sooner or later, this way or another. Sometimes I think no, How could I commit something like mass genocide? Sometimes I think ya, every start has to have a end. Sometimes I think no, I don't wanna die just yet. Sometimes I think ya or no, what's the difference? Sometimes I think let's just flip a coin. Sometimes I dunno what to think...

0 b*tchin: